Thursday, April 28, 2011

Threads.

Wow, it is one of those mornings where the sky is gloomy, but the birds are still singing. I have the upstairs window open a crack and a fresh breeze is filtering in. Life is like weather. It's unpredictable, really. You can make a forecast, but in the end you have to wait and see what the day actually brings. That's where I'm at in life right now. I still have symptoms of bladder cancer, and have been to the doctor and it is not an infection, so I fear the worst, but in reality I know my odds are actually low that it will recur. And I just can't know - not until my next test.

So, one thing I have been doing to remain in the moment is practicing meditation. It's amazing how a few minutes of it can really clear the mind. I love to visualize, even just visualizing the breath. And the other thing is music. I have been happily working on some super strange (for me) songs and feel excited. When I came from the doctor yesterday, all I wanted to do was be upstairs working on my songs.

What a thread of beauty and solace music has been for me throughout my entire life. I am so grateful for it! Can you relate? What are the threads in your life that seem to have kept things strung together for you over the years?

3 comments:

  1. Definitely journaling. I've always done it and will continue to do so. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me, enjoying nature & song-writing. More recently, meditation has become increasingly important to me. Running also seems to string things together for me. Thanks for making me think more about these important things. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachael and Sarah - thank you both for your comments!

    ReplyDelete